Customized Medicines

Customized Medicines
Dr. Sonja O'Bryan, Pharm.D., ABAAHP Board Certified Health Practitioner Diplomate-American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: "Creative Medicines" for Hormones-Weight-Pain-Fatigue-Skin Diseases-Pediatrics-Autoimmune Disorders-Veterinary Needs. Using Complimentary, Integrative, Regenerative, Bio-Identical, and Lifestyle Medicine For Health and Healing.

Monday, February 25, 2019

GENETIC TESTING IS HERE! ~The Answer May Be In Your Genes

Hello BLOGGERS!
I'm excited to share that I will be rolling out genetic testing March 1, 2019.   For almost 2 decades, I've offered testing of all kinds (hormones/adrenals/thyroid/heavy metal toxicity/metabolites/neurotransmitters/iodine/fertility), but there was a gap in my client offerings when it came to getting down to the literal "DNA" of health and wellness matters.  That was until I discovered a world-renowned research team, testing data providing robust scientific evidence, and a way for people to conveniently and affordably obtain a genetic testing profile (45 genetic markers) from the convenience of their own home.   I took the leap personally and sent off my own sample for genetic analysis so that I could understand the process, costs, and personal discovery involved in offering this to others.
I've posted screen shots (below) of a few pieces of my final report for you to see.



My final report is 40 pages long, displayed in an easy to read color brochure that goes with me now.... for life.  My DNA is not going to change and that's what I love about this testing.  It's a roadmap for my entire life on nutrient metabolism, eating habits, injury risk, physical activity, food intolerances, and more.  The human genome is simply fascinating and definitely helpful as a guide.

You might be reading this blog and find yourself doing all of the right things, or best things, yet hitting some barriers.  What if I told you that the reasons for those barriers may be in your genes.  Your DNA sometimes requires you to do things differently compared to others and in doing so, you have a more identifiable method and plan for your personalized healthcare.  We now know that specific variations in our genes can explain how we will respond to foods, beverages, and supplements that we consume.  But not only that! Here is a list of the contents that are included in the genetic testing.  I provided a summary using a screenshot from my own personal booklet.




Genetic and Personalized Nutrition testing provides answers to some of the big questions that people are concerned about.  Should I limit salt intake?  Should I limit caffeine?  Do I have a gluten intolerance? Do I have a sugar preference? Am I prone to Vitamin D or Calcium deficiency? Am I motivated to exercise? Do I have a high pain tolerance?  Genetic variation determines not only the color of our eyes and hair, but how we metabolize and utilize the foods, nutrients, and supplements we ingest. The one-size-fits-all approach is definitely not the personalized approach when we consider the technology that is now available to us.  Genetic testing is certainly the way of the future, but thankfully it already exists now for those that want to discover more about themselves in their quest to live, look, and feel better.  Why wait?

 Mention this blog and get a 15% discount on the genetic consultation/testing kit fee through March 31, 2019.


To your good health,
Dr. Sonja




1 comment: