Customized Medicines

Customized Medicines
Dr. Sonja O'Bryan, Pharm.D., ABAAHP Board Certified Health Practitioner Diplomate-American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: "Creative Medicines" for Hormones-Weight-Pain-Fatigue-Skin Diseases-Pediatrics-Autoimmune Disorders-Veterinary Needs. Using Complimentary, Integrative, Regenerative, Bio-Identical, and Lifestyle Medicine For Health and Healing.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Fat-Binding Fiber

Clinical evidence shows that not all "fibers" are created equal.  In reviewing various products and trying to help patients in their fight to combat weight gain, high cholesterol, and insulin sensitivity, I needed something that I felt confident in recommending to target each of these common concerns for men and women.  I partner with a company that opens up many lines of healthcare practitioner driven products, provides clinical databases for review, and gives me access to consultants when necessary.  I was delighted to find this product, and as is not uncommon for me, I gave it a try for about 1 month to offer myself as a 'test dummy' and I have had no tolerance issues whatsoever.  That's important because you should see the collection of 'test dummy products' that now rests on my office shelf which have failed MY testing and never got to the recommendation stage.  Funny story on that note: I brought in a collagen product and every time that I try to take it I almost gag from the taste which our staff thinks is quite hilarious.  For some reason I think it's going to go better the next time…..NOT!   Tolerability, affordability, and effectiveness are essential in guaranteeing that someone can maintain a regimen.

**"N"** is what I will refer to in this blog as the product name.  If you are interested, you will have to give me a call for a special order that I will be placing later this afternoon for this and other patient requests. 

Here are some of the key details on "N":

-N contains a naturally occurring soluble fiber which is patented.
-Decades of preclinical and clinical research have established its supportive effects on body weight, insulin sensitivity, and serum lipid levels.
-Typical dietary fibers adhere to dietary fat in an approximate ratio of 1:1, but N has demonstrated a capability of up to 1:9
-Each serving (3/day) binds 18grams of dietary fat (~162 calories) which by using at the recommended dose can prevent absorption of up to ~480 dietary calories/day.
-The complex pass through the GI tract without being absorbed and is eliminated without unpleasant side effects.  (i.e. steatorrhea...I'll let you 'google' that term)
-By inhibiting dietary fat absorption, N can help to support healthy Triglyceride and cholesterol levels especially after meals or snacks. 
-N has a dose-dependent effect on glucose and insulin levels.
-The best results for N for weight management are to combine the product with a calorie restricted diet and exercise program.
-Stimulant FREE


If you would like for me to place your order for this specialty product, give our office a call today. 417-231-4544 and we can coordinate ordering and shipping to your home address.  $23.99+S/H.  Mention this blog and we will give you a 10% discount.

For those that would simply like an informational packet on this product along with weight management and hormonal imbalance issues, give us a call as well.  $19.99 for a professional kit fee.


To your good health,
Dr. Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment