Customized Medicines

Customized Medicines
Dr. Sonja O'Bryan, Pharm.D., ABAAHP Board Certified Health Practitioner Diplomate-American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: "Creative Medicines" for Hormones-Weight-Pain-Fatigue-Skin Diseases-Pediatrics-Autoimmune Disorders-Veterinary Needs. Using Complimentary, Integrative, Regenerative, Bio-Identical, and Lifestyle Medicine For Health and Healing.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Personal Pioneer

 

This picture is of a special lady.  She's special for many reasons but one is particular is that she is holding her 80th birthday cake in this photograph.  Another special reason is that she has a sense of humor that is so attractive and welcoming when you are in a room with her.  I couldn't help but give her a big hug on the way out of a consultation we had just a few weeks ago.  Notice that her cake also states, "Still Looking for a Younger Man With Older Money."  LOL!!  That makes me smile every time I read it because she laughs about it hysterically herself. 

I call Evangeline a pioneer because she has been using bio-identical hormones for almost as long as I've been alive.  When she came in for her private appointment she stated to me that the form I require for consultations and her personal medical history could not be filled out because "there was just too much to share".  After quickly glancing at the paperwork she brought in hand, I quickly agreed.  This lady had taken more than good care of herself throughout the years.

I think I remember her saying something like this as well, "Listen darlin', I've got my original teeth, I don't wear glasses, I drive a motor home and pull a car behind it, and have been doing bio-identicals when doctors didn't even know about them."  In my seat as the hormone consultant, that certainly got my attention.  I had the privilege of meeting with Evangeline for about 45 minutes and offered my ideas and interjections into her care plan.   I was certainly mesmerized with this trailblazer in hormone replacement therapy. Wow! Wow! Wow!

The really fun part of this story and why I am sharing this with you (with Evangline's full permission of course) is that Evangeline took the drivers seat in her care and didn't take "no" for an answer when she met opposition all those years ago.  Like that old country song, "I was country when country wasn't cool," Evangeline was singing, "I was bio-identical when bio-identical wasn't cool."  Evangeline knows "her stuff" and knows her body, VERY well.  She is a pleasure to take care of and work with.  I love her spirit all the more because she quickly invested in me also. She provided to me a list of resources and references that I had never read in my studies and educational path.  I suddenly became the student again.   She resourced me so that I could invest in other women wanting these same things for their body and their health for the long haul.  It's not about the gift, it's about her knowledge and desire to see others benefit and live a long healthy life so they can get their 80th, 90th, or 100th birthday cake with their own saying that makes them smile.  I love that!  What a pioneer!!!


To your good health,
Dr. Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment