Customized Medicines

Customized Medicines
Dr. Sonja O'Bryan, Pharm.D., ABAAHP Board Certified Health Practitioner Diplomate-American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: "Creative Medicines" for Hormones-Weight-Pain-Fatigue-Skin Diseases-Pediatrics-Autoimmune Disorders-Veterinary Needs. Using Complimentary, Integrative, Regenerative, Bio-Identical, and Lifestyle Medicine For Health and Healing.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Feelings....Whoa Whoa Whoa...Feelings...

In my new book Living Hormoniously, I included a couple of chapters that would correlate well with this blog title.  The two chapters are named Irritability and Hissy Fits.  I couldn't help but revisit this in my mind as I consulted with a married couple yesterday who came into the office for concerns and frustrations with many things, but one in particular was short, snappy, outbursts of emotion that were affecting them significantly in relationship. 



Today I just wanted to include a little snippit from those chapters to let you take a peek at the view from my world.  It's not uncommon for me to hear this and so I felt that it was "book worthy".

From the Chapter Irritable:
The 10 count rule is certainly a reasonable and rational method to squelch outbursts of emotion.  Hey, and don't knock it until you try it.  But in all honestly, it would be difficult for many menopausal women to pass the 6 or 7 mark.  Countless women complain that their fuse gets shorter and shorter as they walk through the years of "the change".  And as a warning, the fuse can be lit by even the slightest spark of opposition (whether real or imagined)......

From the Chapter Hissy Fits:
Everyone will become irritated from time to time.  But when the irritability turns into an avalanche of wrongs committed against others you love, it might be time to wrangle the internal emotion. ......Being more aware of when potential meltdowns are coming on and identifying the people or things that cause them, can often diffuse or lessen such hissy fits from happening.  Physiologically, hormonal deficiencies can present in various ways (emotional, physical, mental), and noticing out-of-character behaviors can be a result of declining hormones for some women as they go through the aging process......

I haven't written a book for men...yet....but....
This goes for men too.  I visited with a woman yesterday who shared concern for her husband.  She mentioned that he was "snappy" and acting crazy about the littlest things.  Guys go through hormonal change too.  It's called Andropause and can be linked to many things.  I was pleased to see this couple that I mentioned earlier in my blog walk out of my office with a "his" and "hers" testing kit.  I will  be able to report back to them in a couple of weeks if there are imbalances that need to be addressed which could help them in many different ways.  Love it!

If you have noticed that you are being guided by "feelings" more and more these days, please don't hesitate to give me a call.  I'm more than happy to advise and guide into a more healthy direction.

Have a great day!

To your good health,
Dr. Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment